The Business was established in 1882 by S. E. Paine providing undertaking/ambulance service and furniture sales on West Main Street in downtown Orwell. During that era funeral services and calling hours were held at the local churches or families residence. In 1926 the business relocated to its current location on 140 E. Main Street under the direction of Clarence E. Paine. The business offered funeral services at the modern day “funeral home” and operated ambulance services into the 1970’s. The funeral home was turned over to Leo E. Paine after Clarence’s death in 1968. Leo died in 1992 after holding a funeral directors license for 60 years. Vaughn Paine operated the business until 2013. Currently the Paine Funeral Home, Inc is owned and operated by Kirk R. Paine who graduated from Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science in 1993.
One of our first motorized hearses.
The funeral home relocated to 140 East Main Street in 1926.
140 E. Main Street, Orwell, OH